The terms and conditions listed on this page are part of an agreement between Fortune Solar Pty Ltd. ABN 35 641 485 994, hereafter referred to as "Fortune Solar" or "FS", and the consumer, hereafter referred to as "you" or "your(s)" for the purpose of this contract.
1. Acceptance : The Agreement begins upon your acceptance of the quotation offered by Fortune Solar, which you can do by accepted over the phone, by email / digital signature, or via post. You may also be required to pay a deposit amount to seal the Agreement.
2. You warrant that you : a) are 18 years of age or more, and b) are a registered property owner or c)have been authorised by all registered owners of the concerned property to enter into this Agreement; d) have read and accepted all the provisions of this Agreement.
3. Payment : a) you can make all payments via cheque, cash, debit card, credit card, direct deposit, or money order are accepted. b) You may be required to pay a deposit amount as acceptance of the offer. c) The balance amount due after deposit must be paid when Fortune Solar delivers the goods to the site or one day before the scheduled date of the system installation. d) In case of failure to pay the balance due, additional admin fees shall be added to the original outstanding until such time that all payments due are received. Late payments may invoke admin charges of $399, in addition to penalty interest. e) Surcharge on credit card/debit card payments may be applicable.
4. Repossession and costs : notwithstanding Clause 3, in case of failure to pay the balance due by you to FS, Fortune Solar reserves the right to repossess and reclaim the system from the installation site without prior notice and seek reimbursement of all such costs related to the repossession, including the depreciation of the repossessed system.
5. Refunds : Fortune Solar shall initiate a full refund in case the Agreement ends before installation due to any of the following reasons: a) Agreement ends within 10 days of acceptance of the Agreement; b) Failure on the part of Fortune Solar to install the system at the site within 6 weeks after the proposed date of install; c) In case a price increase notice is given, and you choose to end the Agreement instead of accepting the increase in price; and d) In case the distributor prohibits the application of the grid connection. If you wish to cancel the Agreement on the day of installation, Site visit charges of $220 shall apply.
6. Price change : If it is reasonable to do so and are not prohibited by law from doing so, In effect of the price increase of the system or any part of it, the installation of the system, STC value increase or decrease and any item mentioned in this quote, FS will notify you about this price changes to cover the cost by information provided by you in this quotation.
7. Grid connection approval : Upon receiving information from you, Fortune Solar shall submit the grid connection application on your behalf.
This process is mandatory to complete and can affect the proposed installation date.
8. Delivery & installation : 1) Fortune Solar shall, to the extent reasonable and possible, make efforts to ensure timely delivery of the system, according to the Agreement. 2)You agree that the Proposed installation date is an estimation, hence subject to change, not a strict deadline, and you agree that Fortune Solar will not be liable if we fail to deliver and install the system by that date. 3) You may indicate your preference regarding the location of the solar panels, subject to the provisions in this Agreement, provided you do so before the commencement of any work. If you are not available on-site due any reason, we can decide on panel placement. 4) Installation of the system shall take place in compliance with the design and specifications provided by Fortune Solar, except for situations that could not have been reasonably anticipated by us, in which case, we may propose a new design, resulting in a change in the price. Therefore, it is mandatory for you or your representative to be present at the site for any inspection, delivery, and installation of the system.
9. Site access : You agree that you are granting Fortune Solar permission, access, or possession of the site to the extent necessary to carry out site inspections, delivery, and installation of the system. Any failure to provide sufficient access may impede the delivery and installation, in which case it may result in a change in the price.
10. Site defects : a) You warrant that the installation site/building is safe, free of defects, including asbestos, and fit for solar panel installation. b) You agree that Fortune Solar will not be liable for any damages to the site or the system resulting from a defect in the site or building or any part thereof. c) You agree that Fortune Solar will not be responsible or liable for diminished or unsatisfactory performance of the system if it results from site defects, including brittle roof tiles, oxidised metal roof or meter boxes, or poor roof support. d) you must fix all such defects before installation of the system as arranged by Fortune Solar.
11. Accredited installer : To ensure your system meets industry best practice and all relevant Australian Standards, we contract a Clean Energy Council accredited independent licence electrician ("Installer") to install your system who is responsible for installing your system.
12. STCs & LGCs : a) You assign all rights to create STCs to Fortune Solar or its agents and authorise FS to create, apply, and retain STCs and all financial benefits or value attributable to them. b) The Purchaser acknowledges and agrees that the installation portion of the price on the Order Confirmation has been calculated on the basis that the Australian Government Clean Energy Regulator will approve STCs. Suppose, for any reason Fortune Solar determines that the STCs are not, or will not be, available to Fortune Solar as anticipated by Fortune Solar when calculating the price. In that case, the customer must pay an additional amount to reflect the value of such benefits that are not, or will not, be available to Fortune Solar. c) Fortune Solar does not warrant that any or all LGCs will be available for the Purchaser to receive and obtain financial benefit due to the system's operation on the site. d) The Purchaser acknowledges and agrees that any information regarding STCs and LGCs stated by Fortune Solar in the Preliminary Report or otherwise stated is accepted as a guide only and does not form any guarantee of approval or financial benefit.
13. Feed-in Tariff & Net Meter : Grid (NET) Meter to required to be installed by your Electricity Retailers and not included in this quotation. Feed-in tariffs may be available through your energy retailer. Please contact your retailer before solar installation to discuss any information in regards to Feed-in tariffs. You acknowledge that Fortune Solar accepts no liability or responsibility for your "feed-in tariff/incentive". You must contact your energy retailer after completion of solar installation to arrange a smart meter switchover.
14. System guarantees Warranties : a) Providing that reasonable inspection of the goods has not resulted in the detection of any defect in the goods and subject to sub-clause 15 hereof, liability for breach of any conditions or warranty implied by the Australian Consumer Law is limited to any of the following as determined by Fortune Solar: (i) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; (ii) the repair of the goods. b) The only conditions and warranties which are binding on Fortune Solar in respect of the stated quality, capability or condition of the goods or whether they are suitable, adequate or appropriate for the purpose or purposes for which they have purchased, or anything else about the goods are those provisions which cannot be excluded under any Federal or State law relating to the sale or supply of goods c) The foregoing warranty does not apply to the system if: (i) the system has been modified by any party other than us, or without our prior written consent; (ii) the system has been improperly installed by you or installed by anyone other than a Clean Energy Council accredited independent Licence electrician; or (iii) an Outstanding Amount remains unpaid for 10 days or more. d)For the avoidance of doubt, when an Outstanding Amount remains unpaid to Fortune Solar, all call-outs for maintenance, service, and repairs remain suspended until the Outstanding Amount is received in full by Fortune Solar. e) Although these other guarantees and warranties may not cover labour costs, travel costs and delivery costs arising from a claim under these other guarantees and warranties. We will notify you if this is the case and tell you the costs payable. The costs will be payable in advance. f) Fortune Solar offers a system warranty of 1 year or as agreed in this Agreement; solar components manufacturer's warranty applies as per manufacturer's warranty terms. g) During the warranty period, we will provide reasonable assistance to you in making any guarantee or warranty claim against the system's manufacturer, including by acting as your liaison with the manufacturer.
15. Complaints : In case of any complaints about the system, delivery, installation, or this Agreement, you may register an official complaint with us either: a. by calling the number provided in this quotation b. by writing to us by post or email.
16. Meterbox & Switchboard upgrade : Old switchboard can be a fire risk and a shock hazard. Some older switchboard requires an upgrade to meet the new metering and wiring standards. If the switchboard requires alteration, We will discuss any alteration with you during your consultation or on the day of installation. Meter or Switchboard upgrade cost not included in this quotation.
Please note that your distributor will not perform net meter works until your meter box meets minimum standards. Metering upgrade work will be quoted separately upon request. The actual cost of the switchboard upgrade may vary and has to be paid by you on the day of the installation, in addition to the contracted solar system price.
17. Extra Cabling and Labour : Fortune Solar quote does not include the costs of any wiring or any associated work when the meter box is not attached to the same structure as the inverter. In addition, if the meter box is located remotely from the inverter location, additional cost may apply. Other additional works include but not limited to split installation, horizontal array installation, Slippery roof surface, Height, Export Control, Wifi monitoring configuration, removal of old panels and disposal of old panels.
19. STC Value : The value of STC is subject to change.
20. Currency : The currency for the Agreement shall be Australian Dollars.